Olives are commercially grown to extract oil out of it. The fruit is used for consumption as well but mostly found in the form of oil. This oil is used as an ingredient in several medicines and cosmetics. It is effective in the body after consumption as well as after application on the outer body. The various benefits of it may be listed as follows –
• Curbs cardiovascular problems – The daily consumption of olive oil with food leads to the reduction of common problems people face like hypertension, high cholesterol levels, etc. The goodness of the oil starts to show an effect from the first day of consumption. Research indicates that people who consume the oil in their food has lesser cardiovascular issues to face and seldom visit the doctor.
• Reduction of strokes for the elderly – After certain age, people tend to have a lower metabolism and strength to endure stress. They tend to experience frequent strokes that may turn fatal after a certain time. The inclusion of olive oil in salads, dressing, cold meals, etc. has proven to keep the body fit and fine with lesser stroke rates.
• Less Depression – The consumption of processed food containing trans-fats are known to affect the brain and its functions. It leads to lesser hormone production leading to depression. As the oil contains polyunsaturated fats, it has a good impact on the body and helps to keep the brain healthy.
• Reduced chances of cancer – This oil has been proven to destroy cancer-causing elements in one’s body by stimulating the eradication of tumor cells, prevents the damage of DNA, etc. daily consumption of extra virgin olive oil helps reduce the chances of cancer and keeps the body healthy.
• Healthy option for women – The oil lets the woman’s body be strong. It fights osteoporosis, breast cancer, skin cancer, ovarian cancer, etc. and thus making a woman’s body strong to endure the possibilities of fatal health problems.
• Cosmetic uses – As the oil is rich in Vitamin, minerals and antioxidants, it is known to have healing properties to the skin which enhance the elasticity, reduces wrinkles, removal of fine lines, and prevents the skin from ageing. It lets the skin stays supple without letting it loses its moisture. The oil is also used for body massage for adults as well as babies. While using it for babies, it aids in strengthening the bones and helps to develop their muscles.